Welcome to LiquidSky Windows Patch v0.2.5, our latest update which is jam packed with some highly requested bug fixes, UI improvements, and much more on the way!
With our rough launch behind us, LiquidSky has made it our absolute priority to address all the bugs our users have reported. With every update, we hope to optimize and provide bug fixes so our users can get back to gaming!
In the following patch, you will find we fixed some of the most problematic errors our users have reported such as the “http 401” error. This latest update has also improved mouse responsiveness so our users don’t miss a single click while gaming!
Our next update will be arriving soon, as we continue to work on various bug fixes and improve our client experience. After we finish addressing the bugs in the client, LiquidSky is hoping to begin “boarding” to allow the world to experience the best in cloud gaming!
If you are having trouble updating, please delete your LiquidSky folder within “/user/appdata/roaming/LiquidSky” and re-run the program.
Read more about all the latest changes we made in LiquidSky Patch v0.2.5 below.
RELEASE NOTES PATCH v0.2.5
- Fixed an authentication bug that stopped users from logging in due to a “http 401” error.
- Improved vertical mouse movement and mouse responsiveness in game.
- Overall SkyComputer stability has been improved.
- SkyComputer Icon parameters have been adjusted to reduce sizing errors on different displays.
- A bug which caused repeating key inputs has been fixed.
This fix is for users who were receiving the "double letter" input bug while typing in their SkyComputer.
- Stream and image quality has been improved within all SkyComputers.
- SkyComputer icon will now accurately display SkyComputer status.
- Added a “Skip” function to allow users to skip the LiquidSky Intro video.
- A reminder notification has been added to inform the user to connect their controller when launching the SkyComputer.
UPCOMING BUG FIXES
- Issues regarding increased mouse responsiveness in the SkyComputer are still being worked on.
- Various authentication errors such as the “All servers in this data center are currently full” error have been acknowledged and are being prioritized.
- A render crash issue which results in “frozen” SkyComputer screens is currently being fixed.
- LiquidSky Boarding will begin soon!