LiquidSky Windows Patch v0.2.8 has been released! This time around we looked towards releasing many more bug fixes and users should experience even greater client stability than before!
With Boarding Groups coming soon, we are working double time to make sure our client is up to date and ready to handle anything! Bug fixes are a priority with this patch, and we will continue to release hotfixes as well to address some of the peskiest of problems our users are running into.
Patch v0.2.8 features increased compatibility with Windows 7, for our users who were previously having trouble starting up the client. We have also add various tool tips throughout the client to explain our SkyComputer settings and add even further clarity. Even more so, with this patch we have increased Ad availability even further. So get ready to start earning more SkyCredits than ever before!
LiquidSky will continue to release updates as soon as possible to get the last remaining bugs out of the client. After we finish addressing the bugs in the client, LiquidSky is hoping to begin “boarding” to allow the world to experience the best in cloud gaming!
As a reminder, if you encounter a bug, please report it in our community forums here.
If you are having trouble updating, please delete your LiquidSky folder within “/user/appdata/roaming/LiquidSky” and re-run the program.
Read more about all the latest changes we made in LiquidSky Patch v0.2.8 below.
RELEASE NOTES PATCH v0.2.8
- Client will no longer crash upon SkyComputer start up and exit.
- Overall SkyComputer bug fixes and improved client stability.
- Improved client compatibility on Windows 7 Operating System.
TIP: Users will no longer need to start their client using "Windows Vista Compatibility" mode to avoid crashing.
- Various tooltips have been added to further explain stream settings in the SkyComputer.
- Further increased Ad availability and inventory has been added.
- Improved analytics tracking has been implemented into the client.
- Overall Stream quality has been improved for a smoother experience in client.
DATA CENTER STATUS
- The Chennai, India data center will be opening up soon.
UPCOMING BUG FIXES
- Issues regarding increased mouse responsiveness in the SkyComputer are almost finalized.
- “Network Error” bug has been identified and is currently being worked on.
- Various authentication errors such as the “All servers in this data center are currently full” error have been acknowledged and are being prioritized.
- A bug which causes users to encounter an “ok” screen and logged out of their SkyComputer is currently being worked on.
- An issue that causes users to receive a black screen upon entering their SkyComputer is being fixed.
- A render crash issue which results in “frozen” SkyComputer screens is currently being fixed.
- LiquidSky Boarding will begin soon!