We are proud to announce that starting this past weekend we began rolling out the new storage solution across Frankfurt, London, San Jose, Washington DC, and Dallas. This new storage solution has been tested quietly in Washington, DC and has been looking really good. However, given the scale we have at this point, it is hard to give specifics as to how the performance will improve once all users are on the new system. We are feeling confident and are continuing to work on an even better storage solution to be released at a later date. To immediately take advantage of this new storage, you can delete your SkyComputer and create a new one. If you don’t want to delete it then it may not be until next week until we all existing SkyComputers to the new storage platform. There may be off-cases where users lose their SkyComputer entirely. If this happens to you please contact support. Keep in mind that no one has ever built what we’ve built, the way we’ve done it. We are forging a new path and mistakes are made sometimes. But we learn from them and take action quickly.
You should also be aware that we are going to releasing more and more people from boarding groups. Our goal is to remove boarding groups soon and give everyone a brief trial. This may cause some people to experience the server full error because there are so many new people logging on. We are going to do our best at managing that and we will be ready to spin up more servers as soon as possible. If you receive a server full error, please report it as a bug it here with the time stamp (with timezone) you tried to logon and the data center. This will help us further optimize the experience.
RELEASE NOTES PATCH v0.2.15
- As you read above, we have implemented a new storage solution that should perform much better than what you’ve experienced recently.
- Remove the need for users to re-login when performing certain actions.
- Implemented proper error handling for when user can not login properly.
- Fixed issue with setting the proper decoder during the benchmark test.
- Fixed issue where user would not see the proper plan they were on in profile settings.
- Fixed issue where the Quality Slider measurement was not the same as the stats pane (MB vs Mb).
- Fixed issues with user not getting passed benchmark.
- Fixed issue with users receiving error when changing data center.
- Continue to improve and optimize storage.
- Referral program.
- Origin game fixes
- Smoother onboarding experience.
As a reminder, if you encounter a bug, please report it in our community forums here.
If you are having trouble updating, please delete your LiquidSky folder within “/user/appdata/roaming/LiquidSky” and re-run the program.